Visit their website - www.chestnut-tree-house.org.uk
Chestnut Tree House is a children’s charity provides hospice care services and community support for children and young people with progressive life-shortening conditions throughout East and West Sussex, Brighton and Hove and South East Hampshire. Their goal is to provide the best quality of life for children, young people and their families, and to offer practical, social and spiritual support.
There are potentially 1,000 families with life-limited children in Sussex. Chestnut Tree House offers support for the whole family including psychological and bereavement support, end of life and short break care and sibling support.
It currently costs well over £3.5m each year to provide all the care services provided by Chestnut Tree House. Families are never charged for their care and less than 7p in every pound is funded by the government, so we rely heavily on the generosity, help and support of the people of Sussex.
At Chestnut Tree House our goal is to provide the best quality of life for children, young people and their families, and to offer a total package of practical, social and spiritual support throughout each child’s life, however short it may be.
• 24 hr Assessment, advice and information for life-limited children and young adults
• 24 hr Short breaks, emergency & end of life care at Chestnut Tree House
• Support for the entire family following diagnosis through the whole disease process • Covering East & West Sussex and South East Hampshire.
• Bereavement support includes befriending, counselling & spiritual care.
• Support and advice on transition from paediatric palliative care to adult services.
Registered with the Fundraising Regulator. Committed to high standards and adhering to the Fundraising Code of Practice. Their fundraising is legal, open, honest, fair and respectful.